Green Steps - Join us - Be part of Green Steps
Work with us
Join a team of purpose-driven nature educators
Green Steps is a TEAL organization which is aligned by an evolutionary purpose: reforming education towards more empathy for the environment. We are guided by this higher purpose because our ecological system is close to a tipping point of a no return climate change. It is now that we must act.
We live self-mangament and ask for contribution. Contribution happens when people are engaged and fulfilled in their tasks. The effective person focuses on contribution. He looks up from this work and outward toward goals. He asks, “What can I contribute that will significantly affect the performance and the results of the institution I serve?” His stress is on responsibility.
Learn more about our Code of Conduct
Are you looking for a meaningful internship? Do you need to collect social work credits to apply for a school or university? Do you want to enrich your course work?
Shoot us an email and join Green Steps in Asia or Europe for a minimum three months long internship or ten months European Solidarity Corps volunteership. For further details check out the internship job description.
Gaining empathy for the environment often starts with taking over stewardship for your own land and community. Implement our activities in your local eco system. Learn to design your own activities and add them to our growing library of best practices. Turn your place into a Impact Community, enjoy the support of our team and join the growing number of communities boarding the Green Steps ARK.
Are you looking for a meaningful profession? Do you want to become part of a TEAL organization? Have a look at our current vacancies. You can either join our team in Shanghai (China), St. Pölten (Austria), and Seoul (South Korea) or contribute with your strengths to a partnering Learning Community.
Be part of creating a transformative online platform that empowers communities to drive offline education for sustainable development. We aim to develop most of our technology as free and open-source software.Use this opportunity to be part of the solution to our planet’s problems in a team of purpose driven educators and free software enthusiasts.
RESPONSIBILITY AND TASKS
Design and implement a beautiful, fast, intuitive and gamified user interface of our React-based web application.
1. Work with our designer, design and implement web front-end UI and UX;
2. Work with back-end developers to define APIs and application logic;
3. Be part of architecture and technology stack decisions process;
4. Write automated quality assurance tests to ensure avoiding regressions in development, participate in code review process;
5. Share our bugfixes and improvements with upstream of the FOSS projects we use;
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- excellent grasp of React and Graphql;
- ability to design mobile and desktop web UI (Figma)
- following best practices in the industry (architecture, clean and readable code);
- ability to stay on track and meet milestones and project deadlines;
-open mind, will to learn and to build big things in a small team
Purpose driven, with strong interest in sustainability, with several years of involvement in either FOSS or commercial project.
Send your application to [email protected] - we will be in touch as soon as our time allows
Responsibility & Tasks
This part-time position is geared towards individuals who want to merge their interest
in social work with nature exploration and a meaningful contribution to
We expect from all candidates an affection for nature, a growth mindset and
digital literacy, but offer training on the job in regard to most tasks. Use this
opportunity to improve your own skill set in a team of purpose driven educators.
Communicate our work and its impact efficiently to our local target groups
Tasks Social Media:
- Manage social media and website
- Create digital promotion material like event flyers
- Support with translation of activities to German
- Write activity reviews and create meaningful online content
- Assist in the German translation of the ARK interface
Tasks Nature Guide:
- Prepare event location and required infrastructure
- Guide participants through activity and ensure safety
- Engage with customers and anticipate their needs during event
- Compose and share post-event information with team and participants
Skills & Competencies
1. Interest in education and ecology – specific training of advantage
2. Experience in marketing / content creation of advantage
3. Successful participation in Green Steps Nature Guide training during first
4. High proficiency in written and spoken English and German
Behind Green Steps: Lillah Martien
Dutch urban development student, that found a deeper meaning in green urban spaces. Get to know one of the youngest members of the Green Steps’ family: Lillah Martien
Mobile Campus 4.0- Summer camp 2022
Would you like to know more about the Mobile Campus program and the summer camps we run in St. Pölten? In this article you will read about all the exciting games and experiences that the children had in our last year summer camp!... What about getting a ticket and join us this summer?:)